As Seen at Cool Mom Picks

6.03.2011

Happy Doughnut Day

So I may or may not have an obsession with doughnuts, which means that today is a happy day for me, being that it is National Doughnut Day.  I have a new appreciation for people who may have a bit too much time on their hands to come up with our national 'days.'  I'm not complaining about this one.  So, after finding these fabulous ideas and pictures on the Amy Atlas blog, I'm thinking it may be time for a doughnut party...


See more of this loveliness and Doughnut-y Delusciousness at...  http://blog.amyatlas.com/2011/06/sweet-origins-doughnuts-happy-national-doughnut-day/


I have yet to attempt homemade doughnuts myself, so I can't judge those who are timid to try it out. Although watching Alton Brown do it makes it look so easy, and so very worth the effort, I fear that the real deal homemade doughnut attempt is not for the faint-hearted (or for haters of messy kitchens).  But if you're willing to overlook those minor details, I'm guessing that fresh, soft, doughy, sweet, warm (and did I mention warm, sweet, soft and doughy?) homemade doughnuts are worth every bit of effort. As I was trolling Allrecipes.com today, I came across this recipe, and think I may be spending my Saturday attempting it.  In celebration of National Doughnut Day, of course.  


...soft...warm...doughy...sweet...yes, please.

Get the recipe at... http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/crispy-and-creamy-doughnuts/Detail.aspx


No comments: